I came home from work a couple weeks ago (yes, I actually worked a day) after Dwaine had been watching the kids all day. And the first thing he says when I get home is "come look." I'm not sure what to think- that could either be really good or really bad.
I look out in the backyard and see a half-built chicken coop. So now I'm wondering "is this in preparation for the possibility that we might be getting some chicks soon or do we already have some chicks?"
Sure enough, we had 2 baby chicks. Wow- you never know what's gonna happen at home when you go to work for 12 hours.
So, the next day, Dwaine worked hard to get their little home finished. And it turns out he's not as bad of a carpenter as he thought...
I look out in the backyard and see a half-built chicken coop. So now I'm wondering "is this in preparation for the possibility that we might be getting some chicks soon or do we already have some chicks?"
Sure enough, we had 2 baby chicks. Wow- you never know what's gonna happen at home when you go to work for 12 hours.
So, the next day, Dwaine worked hard to get their little home finished. And it turns out he's not as bad of a carpenter as he thought...
Introducing Lucy and Ethel...
Lucy is the one with the reddish head and Ethel the blonde of course. Funny thing is their personalities match their names also. Lucy is a bit of a firecracker, Ethel more calm.
Alli loves them and always wants to let them out. She's constantly hollering at them "Come here Woosy!", "Get out of the mulch Efel!"...
Today she was even instructing them to share. "EFEL, YOU SHARE THAT OR I'M GONNA TAKE IT AWAY." Then she proceeded to chase Ethel around trying to take something out of her mouth. I can't imagine where she got that from.
This is the girls just a few weeks after Dwaine brought them home. They literally change daily. Yard eggs anyone? We'll have them in no time!
2 comments:
Cute names! That's too funny about Alli being a little momma to them!
At least your hubby is constructive on his day with the kids!
I love these pics. The kids are adorable!
Just able to read (7/14/08)Our e mail has been down at work.
I am working on changing my e mail address over to a g mail!
Love ya'll - Christie,Rog,Lyn&Meg
Post a Comment