Monday, October 26, 2009

Fishing on Medina Lake

A family fishing and boating day on Lake Medina back in October...

That tree line is the normal lake level. This summer's drought was really rough. We've never seen the lake this low before, but are hoping it will be back up next summer after a wet winter and spring.


He's really getting the hang of it except that he keeps thinking he caught a fish when he sees his lure approaching the boat. Fishing with a lure is new- really cute.

Alli didn't hold an interest in fishing quite as long as TJ did, but she still really enjoyed the whole experience. They both wanted to stay on the boat the whole day and were not very happy when it was time to go. I just love days like these!


TJ after a long day of fishing. What a rough life. There's nothing like a good nap on the boat- I know 'cause I've done it more than a few times after early morning fishing :-) The warm sun, the gentle rocking, a nice breeze- it's just perfect.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Looks like a perfect day!

Melissa Beth said...

As a city girl... I sincerely admire the outdoorsieness of your family outings.

I want to imagine a peaceful day in nature but all I can think of is what TJ probably touched with that thumb before putting it in his mouth!

:)