Dwaine had a beautiful, sweet, kind hearted date last Friday night and she wasn't me. He took Alli to their 3rd ever Father Daughter Dance. They had such a great time at the first two, so they were both really looking forward to it again. Alli was doing a daily count down in anticipation.
I'm really a little bit jealous that I don't' get to be a part of it, but I know that if I was it wouldn't be the same, so I just look forward to getting her ready for her special night. We even had a special shopping trip with Grandma to pick out her dress this year. And here is the happy couple ready for the big night...
When Dwaine got home, he said they had a good time but also mentioned that this was the year he lost her. She was really excited to see all the other little girls she knows and had fun socializing with them. I was a little sad for him, but when I asked her about the dance she said she was "as snug as a love bug with daddy." Her time with him was still very important to her and she really cherished being with him. I think it was just extra fun for her to be able to see all her friends at the same time.
Something else that made the dance extra special this year. Our close friends, the Westinghouse's were in town and Corry got to take his 2 beautiful daughters, Autumn and Shelby too! This pic was taken when they all got home. They came home screaming, squealing and dancing with excitement and apparently had done so all the way home in the car with Dwaine. I think he needed a little stress relief at that point! Three giddy girls can be a bit much to take especially in a confined space.
And while the girls and Daddies were away at the dance, Miss Steph and I took TJ to eat at El Chaparral and apparently he liked it, cause now he says that's where he wants to have his birthday. I'm sure that has something to do with the fact that somebody was celebrating a birthday and did the whole sombrero and song thing while we were there. He's so funny sometimes. He still keeps reminding me and telling other people that is where he is going to have his birthday. Crazy boy cracks me up.
2 comments:
Love the pic of the happy couple, so cute!!
Sounds like they had a good time. I love the picture of them!
I hope I can find something like that around here for Chad and Summer to do.
Post a Comment