Thursday, July 07, 2011

Animals at the Library

Today we went to Thrilling Thursday a the library for "Animal Tails." We saw and learned about a wallaby, a rat (yes, a rat), a boa constrictor, porcupine, bearded dragon, mini donkey, and an alpaca (I think I covered it all).

Then we had the opportunity to pet the snake and the alpaca. TJ thought the snake was super cool! He is such a boy.
Alli got a little scared when the head got too close to her- can't say I blame her (even though this is a non-venomous snake).


Not sure how long TJ would have stayed there petting the snake if I didn't tell him we had to give the other kids a turn.


Alli with the alpaca. This thing was so calm and sweet. Apparently they are completely domesticated and I'm pretty sure this one is the animal lady's personal pet.


How cute is that?


TJ didn't care to touch the Alpaca, but I did and it was super soft- really thick and spongy fur.


Not bad for a free summer outing!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I woud like to see the animal lady walking her alpaca into the library! That's hilarious! And yeah- to like snakes must be a guy thing.