Sunday, September 11, 2011

First Day of School!!!

Just found this unfinished post that I started awhile back, so figured now was a good time to finally finish and post it. Better late than never I suppose!

TJ packing his lunch the night before the first day of school. This was also his first assignment- to bring a picture of himself doing something to get ready for school and then they shared it with the class.


Very sleepy kids at breakfast!!!


Now a little more awake and ready to go...






Alli couldn't let TJ have the spotlight to himself.



Showing off his Star Wars backpack and lunch bag.



I always love the pictures of Daddy walking them in.



Posing together in front of the school.



We dropped Alli off with her class in the gym and then headed down the hall to TJ's classroom!



At his seat excited that it is his turn to start kinder this year!



He did great and never seemed worried or concerned (that didn't come until week 2). It certainly helped that he had Alli's kinder TJ from last year. He already knew and felt comfortable with her! And she loves him too (God is so good!)


So, after hanging around for 5 or 10 minutes, Dwaine and I looked around and realized we were the only parents left, so decided it was time for us to leave too! Even though I knew he would do great, It's hard to walk away 'cause I just want to watch and see everything he does.


Chilling with Daddy after a long first day at school.



And no, we didn't break the thumb-sucking habit before kinder, but he says he doesn't do it at school. You better believe it hits his mouth as soon as we get in the car though. Oh well, I don't suppose he'll do it forever. I'm certainly not going to stress about it.


No comments: