Monday, September 04, 2006

First smiles!!!

Thomas melted our hearts with his first real smile on his 1 mo birthday. This is the first one caught on camera...

Gosh that's cute!

When TJ coos, it sounds like a little lion cub trying to find his roar. He has this raspy hoarse voice that is just adorable. I don't know if it is going to stay that way or if it is just a result of all the crying he has done in the first few weeks of his life- lots and lots of crying :-( I sure am glad he is becoming a little more content and secure in this world. That's not to say we don't still have some daily crying episodes, but they are fewer and further between and for that I am very grateful.

Yes, sometimes I call him Thomas and sometimes TJ. It may never be only one or the other- just whatever suits the mood. For Alli, saying "TJ" is easier. I guess when he is old enough, if he prefers one more than the other, then it can be his decision. We'll see!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Baby T.J.!!!! So glad to see ya smiling, big boy! I miss you already and wish I could hold you right now. Tell Big sis Alli that I miss her too. Can't wait to see you both very soon!!!!

Love you bunches,

Aunt April

P.S. Jules,
Both my girls have several names/nicknames and some I use for endearing purposes and others I use for disciplining or whatever the need may be! Give them as many names as you wish!

Francey said...

Julie, He is beautiful. Thank you for the announcement. We have had 4 births in the past few weeks. I know you are enjoying a boy- they can take your heart away! You will be amazed at the difference between the 2.

Steph said...

T.J. has gotten so big already! I love his hair, it looks like it may have a little curl to it? Those first smiles are so sweet, especially when they are smiling because they see or hear you :) That's too cute about the lion cub cooing.

becca said...

I've never been good at giving nicknames. Everyone in Bryan's family calls him B. I've known him 10 years and it feels so wierd to call him "B". I wish i was better at using nicknames - makes life a little more fun. I'm surprised April didn't say, "P.S. Jules, aka Boo,..." (however you spell it).

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh he is so cute! Sorry I have not posted in along time. I am pretty sure my job is sucking the life out of me. HAHA I have enjoyed all of your pictures. Both of your children are such blessings from God. Can't wait to meet him in October.
Love you guys!