Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Took the kids to the mall today to see Santa. Like most toddlers, Alli did not like the idea of sitting on big scary Santa's lap and absolutely refused to do so. So we did the best we could and let her sit on mom's lap next to Santa instead. Good thing I put on some nice clothes and fixed myself up a little- yes, this is fixed up for me. You should see me on a "don't leave the house day." It's not pretty :-)

Still no smile from Alli even in the comfort of mommy's arms.

TJ on the other hand had lots of smiles for Santa, Mrs. Claus, Santa's helpers and anyone else who talked to him. Gotta love that boy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank Goodness you at least got both kids in the pic. Maddy refused to sit near Santa even though Mommy talked him up a bunch before we got there. Our Santa pic has Maddy nowhere to be found. And Lainey didn't smile, but she did sit in his lap w/o hesitation. Oh Well! You do what you can. They did take some GREAT pics at Picture People earlier that morning. So, I'm grateful for that. T.J. looks like he's having the time of his life! Give my Alli and Thomas a BIG X-Mas hug from their Aunt April! BTW, the girls love the FP3 player! I guess we'll have to buy one for Lainey so they don't fight over it-hee!

Steph said...

Guess it's just not meant to be for smiles at Autumn & Alli's age! TJ looked happy as he could be, though! You definitely looked dressed up- better than I usually do trying to get out of the house w/ both kids! I had to laugh at your comment about not looking pretty at home- some days that is so true, or maybe most days!