Dwaine and I have always loved the outdoors and hiking. He even proposed at Pedernales Falls after hiking to a beautiful secluded scenic area (that technically was probably on private property being that we crossed through some barbed wire fencing).
.
Anyway, we haven't been able to do much hiking over the last 3 years for obvious reasons. The last attempt we made was when I was pregnant with TJ and Alli was about 16 mos old. Let's just say it didn't go well.
.
So, I was a little hesitant when Dwaine suggested we go hiking at McKinney Falls State Park the weekend after Christmas. But it sounded better than staying home (our goal for 2008 is to get out more- cross some things off of that "fun things to do" list- yes we really do have one of those).
.
To my surprise, the day went exceptionally well. Both the kids absolutely loved hiking and exploring. It's a good thing 'cause we plan on doing a lot of it with them. I forgot how much I love getting out in nature, hiking around, exploring new places, enjoying beautiful scenery, etc. Thank you Dwaine for sparking my interest in those things when I met you so many years ago.
.
Here are some pics from the day...
1 comment:
It looks beautiful! Yes, you had probably the best proposal of anyone I know! It was so sweet! Isn't it nice with the kids getting older that you can get back to some of the stuff you used to like to do!
Post a Comment