Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Need a Hand

A conversation Alli and I had this morning when I was correcting her for having her finger up her nose:

Mom: "Alli, could you please try to keep your finger out of your nose?"

Alli: "But I have boogers mom."

Mom: "Well, what do you need if you have boogers?"

Alli: "A hand."

I know I'm not supposed to encourage this kind of silliness because she and I both know that she knows the correct answer is "a tissue" but how do you not laugh at that? I was at least able to keep it to a quiet chuckle and then correct her.

In case you are wondering- yes, we do allow her to say boogers. Quite frankly, I just don't know what else to call them. A lack of creativity or effort on my part I guess.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Ha ha, a hand! That's too funny! Yeah, I have hard time not laughing when they say stuff like that, too.
Both of my kids say boogers, too. I never thought that might be bad, now you have me thinking! Nah, I still think it's okay!

Melissa Beth said...

What else WOULD you call boogers? Mucus? Snot? Mocos?

I think it is the least of several evils.