Monday, August 04, 2008

TJ is 2!!!!

TJ turned 2 last Saturday and we celebrated with an airplane themed party. He has absolutely been fascinated with airplanes since about the time he learned how to walk (and he was an early walker). He would point to the sky any time he heard one and exclaim "PA!" Now he points and says "WOOK MAMA, SEE APPAIY!" still with the same enthusiasm.
So, there was no doubt in my mind that he would be thrilled with an airplane party...

Mom's masterpiece. I loved it 'cause I knew TJ would love it!

The kiddie pools, sprinklers, slip-n-slide, bubbles, the Gator, and sidewalk chalk kept all the kids pretty well entertained. They were all having a great time.

I think TJ may have "helped" Grant down the slide a little.

Alli finally learning how the slip-n-slide works!

TJ and friend Carson really enjoyed the bubble blower.

Cake time!!!

TJ was the very last person left at the table eating cake. I think he liked it!

Playing with his awesome new toys...



Alli at the end of the day. She had been talking about TJ's party for a long time before the actual day and still is- she wants him to have another one. As much fun and excitement as the day held for her, she was a little tired at the end of it all, but she was still holding on to a little piece of that party.

2 comments:

Melissa Beth said...

Your yard is so awesome for parties! Sorry we missed it! That cake turned out perfect. So glad I got to taste the practice run - it was delicious.

Hard to believe your little blondie is two. Potty-training is just around the corner. Let me know if you need advice. I have plenty of tips since I have been at it for OVER A YEAR... (to think... Jon and Kate plus 8 potty-trained six in less than half the time.)

Steph said...

Looks like TJ had a great birthday! I love the cake and airplane theme. Autumn was the same way with being excited about Shelby's party. Now she's on to hers and talks about what we're going to do like every single day!