Just had an amusing conversation/meltdown with Alli before nap time which is now "rest time" 'cause she rarely actually sleeps anymore.
She saw a toy for an older kid in a magazine and I told her that she was too young for it. She got a little upset, but then I explained to her that she was about to have a birthday and that she would turn 4, hoping that would let her know that she is on her way to being an "older kid".
She promptly began crying and getting all upset saying that she didn't want to be four. "NO, I want to be three everyday. I don't want to be four!" over and over.
She was very adamant about it, had real tears and there was no calming her down. She truly does not want to be 4. She has even been talking about her Ariel party that she wants to have, but I guess she didn't realize that means she wouldn't get to be 3 anymore. I know I want her to be 3 forever but had no idea that she felt the same way.
I thought turning 30 was bad, but apparently turning 4 is worse.
We'll see how she feels tomorrow :-) You never know with a 3 yr old.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's funny! Autumn is very excited about turning 4- the only thing that would be better in her mind would be to be turning 5 or 6! She's too big for her britches, though :)
Does she realize that Autumn and Jack are four? Nothing like a little positive peer pressure, right? Or that the new Tinkerbell movie is rated G-4?
I made that one up.
Post a Comment