Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pumpkin Patch #2 - Love Creek Orchards

On Columbus day (school holidays have a whole new meaning now), I took the kids out to the Pumpkin Patch at Love Creek Orchards and we had an awesome time. There was so much to do...

A hay maze and hay bales to jump off of and pose on.
A hay fight with a buddy from TJ's school. They were having so much fun!

Swinging by the picturesque pond. There was a black lab that kept jumping in the water and swimming. The kids thought that was funny.


A petting zoo. This was by far Alli's favorite part. They sat in a circle and waited patiently for the bunnies, guinea pig and baby chicks to be passed to them over and over again. Alli said "I feel like I could do this for hours!" And I believe it. We stayed there for a good half hour if not more and I think she would have been more than happy to stay longer, but there were other fun things to do too.


Like decorating scarecrows for instance...

Posing by her very fashionable scarecrow.


Scarecrow #2!
I think TJ must have been taking notes from Alli on posing, so I had to instruct him to pose a little more like a boy. I think he even joked about "wooking wike a wady!" That's my silly boy!


Doing his best to look more like a boy, but still trying to be cool.


Face painting!! We had to wait in line quite a while for this one, but they were so patient.




Barrel train rides- I think they did this 3 times. Alli didn't care too much about it, but TJ really liked it and he didn't want to go alone, so she kept him company all 3 times (with a little coaxing from mom). Such a sweet big sis!


A cute photo op!


Showing off those adorable face paintings! Alli was so proud of hers. She said "I feel like a big kid!" I think she felt like she had real make-up on.

We also did pumpkin painting, hay rides through the apple orchard, and played bean bag toss. We really had a great day. They are at such a perfect age to enjoy this kind of thing.


Later that night...

One last shot of those super cool faces before they get washed away!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Looks like a fun place! I love the face paintings. Neither of mine will ever partake in that activity and are missing out!

Melissa Beth said...

They do NOT look happy to wash off those awesome faces! Jack did his field trip there and it looks like they REALLY deck the place out for Halloween. I hear it's awesome at Christmas time too! Let's go!