Saturday, September 10, 2011

Green Eyed Planet

Alli's first ALPHA (Advanced Learning Program for High Achievers) project... All year, they will be learning about the 20th century (big stuff for a 1st grader). She came home with the giant green glasses and instructions to decorate them with anything having to do with the 20th century. She really wanted to learn more about the Hindenburg blimp and kept talking about that. Daddy had the idea to expand on that a little and follow the advances in flight through the 2oth century. We were told it was a family project, so the 3 of us teamed up on it and this was the end result. I think we make a great team if I do say so myself! Now we just have to type up a report and help her remember all the info so she can present it!! Really wish I could be there to see the presentation :-)


2 comments:

Steph said...

Wow that is big stuff for a first grader! What a great opportunity for her! Is she okay with presenting? Autumn is nervous about talking in front of the class already (and she's my outgoing one!). They are supposed to be reading in front of the class this week and she's nervous about that!

Ashley said...

That is awesome! I would love to hear more about the class she is in at school.