The kids and I started the week off with a fun day at home. We were supposed to have friends over to play and dye eggs but Alli woke up with an ear infection, so we cancelled. Thankfully we did because the next day, she had pink eye too. We quickly got some antibiotics from the doc and continued with our spring break fun.
After dying eggs I got the idea to try to tie-dye some shirts...They turned out great and the kids thought it was awesome. Unfortunately I have since discovered that egg dye washes out of clothing, so it didn't last. But, we will definitely be trying it again with fabric dye. It was super fun and easy!
Then, we headed out to the ranch for a few days...
Finally inside the park after spending an hour in the very long line of cars waiting to get in the park. In hind sight, maybe a spring break Saturday was not the best day to go to such a popular state park, but the kids were actually pretty patient and we had a great time once we made it in!
They literally ran up most of the way while Dwaine and I were getting winded just walking up. We used to be in much better shape when we did this on a regular basis.
TJ was posing to have his pic taken at every scenic rock or view. I've never seen him quite like that. He was cracking me up.
They love feeling like they are on top of the world.
The view from the top. A perfect place to stop for a snack. I forgot how beautiful it is here.
Charlotte's first Enchanted Rock experience that she will never remember.
Good thing this little girl likes being outside cause we don't give her much of a choice. You get a lot of stares and looks when you're hiking with a baby strapped on- not sure how many were in admiration and how many were in judgement. But she seems to love it(she usually sleeps through most of it) and we make sure we're extra careful with her in tow.
Now that's a big rock!!



Have I mentioned how excited I am that the wildflowers are in full bloom this year?
After lunch in town and a quick wardrobe change for the kids, it was time to attempt some pics at the wildflower farm...








Getting all 3 kids to cooperate at the same time is not easy- no surprise there! I didn't quite get the perfect pic I was hoping for, but I will still cherish the ones I did get.
And I might just try again a little closer to home and maybe a little earlier in the day, and not when everyone is tired from a long hike.
2 comments:
I sure miss the hill country and all of the beautiful places there are to go. You got pretty good pics at the wildflower farm considering you all spent the morning at Enchanted Rock! I love the white outfits on them against the flowers.
Charlotte has grown so much- she's a beautiful baby!
I love all the flower pictures-They would look great on a canvas. You guys go the neatest places. I swear you are super mom! Keep posting pictures of your sweet kids.
Post a Comment