So, here is all that practice paying off...
Saturday, August 16, 2008
A Fishy Evening
We took the kids fishing in Boerne the other evening because they have really begun to master their casting and reeling skills with lots of practice at home (including "fishing in the rain" when we sat in the garage and cast out into the rain on the driveway- the kids really ate that up).
So, here is all that practice paying off...
Alli showing her catch to the duck...
He actually seemed interested.
TJ excited about his success.
They truly had a great time and so did Dwaine and I.
This fishing trip also included a first for me- I decided if we were going to keep both kids in fishing mode most of the time, I better start baiting hooks and taking fish off of hooks. So I jumped in there and got my hands dirty. Literally. That shrimpy fishy smell does not wash off right away. But it sure did make the experience more enjoyable for everyone- no waiting with kids getting antsy for daddy to do everything. Well worth the stink!
So, here is all that practice paying off...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the new page!
Good for you with baiting the hooks and getting the fish off. I bait the hooks but haven't made it to getting the fish off yet!
I got up from my computer and washed my hands just from reading your fishy post. HA.
I know, with two boys, I am going to HAVE to learn to get a little messy every once in a while.
Actually, can Jack and Davis just go fishing with the Dements next time? I promise to pack bug spray, sunscreen and hand sanitizer!
Post a Comment