As most of you know, the kids and I were in a pretty nasty wreck a couple of months ago when the Jeep hydroslid on the way to Alli's ballet class. I knew it affected Alli quite a bit and caused her to be a little concerned when we were driving for awhile after the accident because she would say things like:
1. When accelerating after sitting at a light: "No, mommy. Don't go too fast. Go a little bit slower. There- that's better."
2. When approaching the intersection where the accident occurred: "Be very careful mommy. Don't go back and forth, back and forth."
3. My favorite: "If there's a wreck up ahead, don't crash into it mommy." (very good advice).
But, as I mentioned this was a couple of months ago and she has not mentioned it for awhile. However, tonight at bedtime during her prayer, she said "And, help us to get to ballet the right way and thank you for protecting us in our wreck."
I don't know why I continue to be surprised by her memory and some of the things she says, but everyday I am amazed. And as I was laughing to myself as she was saying her prayer, I thought I have to blog that right now so I won't forget it.
As a matter of fact, tonight's prayer was especially interesting including things like: "protect us from the snakes" and "help us to grow big and strong so we can eat lots of food tomorrow" and some others that already escape my memory (this is why I try to write this stuff down as fast as possible).
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is so great that she recognizes that through prayer she can talk to God about things that concern her, scare her, and make her feel thankful. You are doing a great job teaching that sweet girl in whom she can find peace about such things. I am proud of her (and you!)
Melissa- you would love to know that Alli thanks God for Jack just about every time she prays. And if she forgets, she says "oh wait! I forgot to thank God for Jack" then she makes one last quick addition "Thank you for Jack. Amen"
We are so grateful to God for the amazing friends He has blessed us with.
Post a Comment